Tatalong

Sunday, November 19, 2006

hospital tatting


It's really hard to tat when you have an iv in your left hand. If i had to do it again I would bring a needle instead of a shuttle. I managed to finish up my second exchange gift and a snowflake. Started on an earring pattern but didn't get it right.
After I came home from hospital I did get it right. I had seen Kim Millars earrings where she draped a long picot to the next ring. Here's my version of what I could remember.

r1:3-3b3b3 slide down 20 beads 3-3
r2:3+3b3 + in between beads 8 and 9 3b3 slide down 8 (or more)beads 3b3 slide down 20 beads 3b3-3
r3:3+3+3b3b3-3
r4:3+3b3b3b-3b3b3b+3

The nice thing about tatting is it's very portable. it managed to distract me pre-op and post op... and my surgeon wants to attend the next class on dec. 8.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home