Tatalong

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

turkish thread experiments


Am sitting here with a sprained ankle ....so nothing to do but tat up a storm. After gleaning the gems posted to the etatters list about this thread, thought I'd give it a go. The turkish filament thread is pretty hard to work with but works up pretty. You just have to tat loosely and be very very careful.

This is just a variation of my other earring pattern I posted but it turned out star-ish and it's ok for christmas giving I think. Using 4 ds instead of 3 and instead of 3 picots 3 beads altogether.


Here's another variation in silver; my husband says this one is nice so will make a mate. Course I don't wear silver! Thinking sis-in-law would like it.

ok I'm getting a new cam as soon as i can shop without crutches.





ok i got a little carried away with the beads. I liked riet's earrings, so I thought I would try something similar with scmr. I will leave a few beads out next try. Not really happy with this one; what are your suggestions? less beads?







The whole reason I ordered the filament thread was for Mark's tat-bat. I didn't like the way this came out. I did a pair of earrings for my niece and exchange partner with one strand of embroidery floss and that is how i prefer it. We live and learn.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home